Written by JWat on 11.01.13
It's that time of year again! Cool! Thanks for keeping this project alive. If you don't remember, you can take a look at http://music.rawrockmilitia.com for free downloads of the last 4 albums. Onto the good stuff:
I'm very pleased to announce to you A Raw Rock Christmas V: Our Newest Christmas Ever! The process is a little bit different this year. As much as I love the artwork contest and getting to see all of your designs, I've decided to do away with this portion to allow the album itself to come together a bit more smoothly. I hope this is okay with everybody. My good friend Seth Thompson (http://sethprintthompson.tumblr.com/) is going to be taking care of the cover art and CD packaging this year. Keep checking out or Facebook or Twitter for updates on that!
Rad. What I do need help with, however, is music! Of course. I've already got a few really cool artists lined up, but there's still plenty of room left and I know lots of you musically talented people have got some great ideas. I love hearing all of your music and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you've got for me this year. The working deadline I think is going to be November 22nd - 3 weeks from now. There may be a few days of wiggle room if you're late, but because of the CD orders I need to be relatively strict about it - if you need some extra time, you will need to communicate this with me as closely as you can. Just message me, we'll figure it out.
To expand a bit on that: A Raw Rock Christmas V will once again be available on limited edition, hand numbered CD's (out of 100), and I'm offering a free copy of this to every artist who appears on the album. I will cover the cost of the CD and shipping it to you. If you'd like additional copies, you can buy them at a discount as well.
Here's the technical stuff:
- Music has to be Christmassy / winter / holiday related. Doesn't have to be religious of any sort. It can be a cover, a re-imagining of some other song, or your own original piece. You can put as much or as little work into it as you want.
- It's okay if you think your music is weird! Send it to me anyways. This is not limited to a certain genre or style. There has been a crazy diversity in music on this album the last 4 years, so let's do it again!
- Make sure you provide me with all necessary infos - band/artist name, song name, website, location, and even band member names would be helpful.
- I will need the original, uncompressed audio of your music, not an mp3. This means that when you export your song, make sure you save a copy as either .wav, .aif, or .flac. If you are having any trouble at all, just shoot me an email and I'll be more than happy to help you. I can use an mp3 as a very last resort, but we will suffer some quality loss so if we can I'd love to avoid it.
- It's possible that not every song submitted will be included on the album. This will be decided later on in the submission process, and I'll try as hard as I can to keep this fair.
All music submissions, questions, digital high-fives, etc can be sent to me at email@example.com. If you're interested in contributing, please let me know, and feel free to forward this email to anybody you know who may want to be involved. We also really appreciate any exposure you may want to give us through your social medias, and if you want to use the hashtag #newestchristmasever when you're talking about it, I wouldn't complain.
Thanks friends. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Raw Rock Christmas
Keep up with the project by following us on:
Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr